Back to School Read Aloud Activities - Full Lesson Plans for 6 Read Alouds
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you a third grade teacher who wants everything you need for back to school? This FULL back to school bundle with reading and writing activities will do just that! This bundle includes back to school writing lesson, back to school read alouds and lesson plans, back to school math challenge, reviPrice $11.99Original Price $25.48Save $13.49
It is time to take those back to school read alouds to the next level. These back to school lesson plans will do just that! Read 6 back to school read alouds and complete a whole group activity, plus a small group activity! These lesson plans will set you up for a back to school season that is full of community building and academics!
Engage students in character development, family culture, classroom management, friendship building, reading skills, and creative skills.
Here's what you'll get:
6 lesson plans to go with the back to school read alouds that include..
- Discussion Questions for the Mentor Text
- A Whole Group Activity
- A Partner or Small Group Activity
- All Materials Needed for the Activities
There are digital options for Google Slides!
Perfect back to school read alouds for 3rd and 4th graders!
Why will these activities help your students grow and make the teacher happy?
Engagement- Your students will LOVE each of these stories and the activities that go with them. They focus on getting kids familiar with each other and the classroom.
Back to School Development- These products will help students learn about the classroom, character traits they need in the classroom, friendship skills, and more!
Low Prep- All you have to do is provide the books! Everything else is ready to go!
What books are used?
1. The Big Orange Splot by Daniel Manus Pinkwater
Lesson Focus- Living what we love instead of what others love.
2. Ish by Peter H. Reynolds
Lesson Focus- Creating the perfectish classroom and create things that are not perfect, but great in their own way.
3. Do Unto Otters by Laurie Keller
Lesson Focus- Characteristics of a good friend and good person.
4. Almost Late to School by Carol Diggory Shields
Lesson Focus- Poetry for a good classroom and friend.
5. The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
Lesson Focus- Controlling our emotions in school and a STEM project.
6. Adventures to School: Real-Life Journeys of Students from Around the World by Miranda Paul
Lesson Focus: Family Cultures
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sara says, "This made the first week of school so much easier! Great purchase! "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Megan says, "This was a great resource to use to start the year and connect with my students. "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kristen says, "Well thought out and easy to use. I always have a difficult time knowing what to teach the first days of school besides routines. This is a great way to get the year started!"
>>Click here to read about other back to school activities for upper elementary!<<
You may also like…
→Back to School Reading Skill Challenge
→Back to School Writing Activities
The Friendly Teacher
By clicking this link you can follow along with The Friendly Teacher! You will get to know when a new product is posted, which is 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Copyright © The Friendly Teacher
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.