Chrysanthemum is a great book that is often read at the beginning of the year. It lends perfectly to discussions about building an inclusive classroom community. Since we’re reading the book anyway, why not extend its relevance to launching into the Common Core Standard of RL.1, asking and answering questions. I created this resource to assist with this. With 22 questions that focus exclusively on RL.1, your students will have many opportunities to demonstrate comprehension of Chrysanthemum and mastery of the Common Core Standard RL.1. I'm sure that you'll find many different ways to use this resource pack for Chrysanthemum.
This resource contains:
* The comprehension questions presented as worksheets.
* The comprehension questions presented as a PDF file to project.
* The comprehension questions presented on strips that can be glued into notebooks.
* The comprehension questions presented as Task Cards.
* Two bonus comprehension questions.
* RL.1 Question Starters for students to create their own questions.
* RL.1 Common Core Standard listed on each comprehension question.