Back to School Read Alouds | The Smart Cookie | Reading Activities & Lessons
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Those first days back to school are all about getting to know everyone and building a classroom community. Picture books are perfect for making connections, establishing expectations, and building a community. This bundle includes book companions for a selection of books that are perfect for Back toPrice $18.25Original Price $26.00Save $7.75
Those first days back to school are all about getting to know everyone and building a classroom community. Picture books are perfect for making connections, establishing expectations, and building a community.
As part of my back-to-school series of book companions, I have chosen by Jory John & Pete Oswald. This fun story is about a cookie who didn’t always feel so smart, but who grew to realize what it means to be a smart cookie!
This resource includes the following activities to accompany this book:
- Vocabulary Visualizer for students to illustrate new vocabulary words
- Think & Discuss prompts for students to use for group or class discussions
- Reading Comprehension Organizer: Character Development
- Write About It! prompts, that give students the choice between two writing prompts
- SEL Activity: I’m a Smart Cookie
- Recipe for a Smart Cookie
The following are also included:
- A Teacher Guide that offers suggestions for implementing each activity.
- Digital pages that can be downloaded in Google Slides or as PowerPoint files.
- Some of the activities are available in a couple different formats.
Your students will love this book and these engaging activities, and you will love how easy they are to prep and implement during those first days of school!
This book companion is part of my collection of Back to School Read Alouds. Click to check out the Bundle! You can also visit my to read all about using these books in your classroom during the first week of school.
Are you ready for Back to School?!
Please email me at with any questions or comments.
Copyright © Create Teach Share
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.