In Back to School, by the2teachers, you will receive 10 pages containing a reader's theater for the first day of school and beyond. Follow two students as they wait for the bus on the first day of school, to their bus ride with their eccentric bus driver, and all the way to their classroom with their new teacher.
Additionally, there are ideas to expand the reading script to writing and social activities.
Expand the Script:
- brainstorm your perfect classroom
- create rules/expectations to make the perfect classroom a reality
- mini-grammar lesson
- reading with voice
- discuss how a character's actions and words have people make judgements about that character
- apply knowledge gained from character judgements to real life
This reader's theater is perfect for the first day of school, the first week of school or just generally the beginning of the year. Welcome students back to school with an activity that helps build classroom community and have some fun at the same time. You might choose to make transparencies and read the script as a class or have students do it in small groups. The extension activities really help you tie together reading, writing, cooperative learning, listening skills, teaching procedures, rules and routines...all of those important back to school topics.
OTHER PRODUCTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 40 Community Building Activities - Featured on TpT's Blog
- 200 Questions of the Day
- Readers Theater: Last Day of School
Don't miss the opportunity to be among the first TpT customers to know about new the2teachers products and sales. Simply click the green star under our store name to become a follower!
All rights reserved. The original buyer has permission for single classroom use.