Do you have the same questions when the new school year rolls around: Where are my students at? Are they working at grade level expectations? Above? Below? This packet will help answer some of those questions!
This unit contains 10 printables (5 math and 5 language)
that are designed to act as a pre-assessment
for students entering 5th grade
. Provide one math and one language printable to your students each day during the first week of school and you will have a good idea of where your students are at, based on their knowledge of the 4th grade Common Core State Standards.
Each printable is labeled with the specific standards
it covers, as well as “I can” statements
for each section, in order to show what knowledge or skills students should be demonstrating.
The printables included are:
– Addition & subtraction of multi-digit numbers, finding factor pairs, multiplying multi-digit numbers by a single digit, multiplying two 2-digit numbers, dividing multi-digit numbers by a single digit.
– Understanding place value, representing numbers in expanded & written form, comparing numbers, rounding multi-digit numbers.
*Fractions & Decimals
– Comparing fractions, comparing decimals, decomposing fractions, completing equivalent fractions, converting fractions to decimals, adding & subtracting mixed numbers.
*Measurement & Geometry
– Calculating area & perimeter of rectangles, converting between measurement units, identifying geometric figures, finding angle measurements.
– Solving word problems involving the four operations, multiplicative comparison, measurement, adding fractions, multiplying fractions by a whole number.
*Parts of Speech
– Ordering adjectives, forming the progressive tense, using modal auxiliaries, using relative pronouns & relative adverbs, identifying prepositional phrases.
– Identifying synonyms & antonyms, correctly using frequently confused words, understanding affixes & roots.
*Sentence Structure, Punctuation & Capitalization
– Identifying simple & compound sentences, identifying & fixing sentence fragments & run-ons, using correct capitalization, correctly using commas.
– Identifying similes & metaphors, completing and understanding idioms, adages & proverbs.
***Please note that these printables are not meant to be an extensive review of all the 4th grade standards. Rather, these pages are a condensed review of topics, designed to give you a general understanding of where your new students are at, based on the previous grade’s standards. This is meant to save you time and help facilitate planning so that you are not re-teaching concepts the students already excel at, or rushing through topics on which students may need some extra practice.***
**Answer Keys included**
Looking for other grade levels?
***2nd Grade version***
***3rd Grade version***
***4th Grade version***
Thank you for looking!
- Love to Learn, 2016