Back to School Resources
This packet contains a variety of resources to help make those first few days of school a little easier. The following items are included in the packet:
1. All About Me Mini Poster: A great way for students to record information about themselves to help you get to know them better. This could easily be mounted to construction paper or scrapbook paper and displayed in the hall or on a classroom bulletin board. Include a photograph of the student to make it even more personal.
2. Explore Our Classroom: Questions for the students to answer about their new classroom on the first day of school.
3. Welcome Back E-mail Card: Fill in your e-mail address. Have parents send you a short e-mail. You can easily save their addresses and make a group e-mail. Much easier than typing in all their addresses!
4. Sample Welcome to our Classroom Parent Letter: Sometimes it’s just hard to come up with the right things to say to parents welcoming to the new school year. Here is one example of a welcome letter.
5. Classmate Scavenger Hunt: Students can get to know their new classmates by circulating throughout the room getting student signatures for the various boxes on the grid.
6. Elementary Bio-Poem: An elementary version of a Bio-Poem. Format is included as well as a template. These look great typed with students’ pictures. Makes a great classroom book when bound together.