Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.88 MB | 35 pages
This packet is full of useful resources to help you have a smooth start to the new school year!
Here is what you will get:
1. Gift Labels for Modeling Clay (Play Doh): These labels were designed to be used with Avery 2X4” Shipping Labels (5163). Simply print the file onto shipping labels and stick them onto 5 ounce tubs of Play Doh. This makes a perfect gift for the first day of school or Open House!
2. Welcome to School Newsletter: This letter was created as a Word Document so you can easily make edits. Make a few simple changes to reflect the rules and policies at your school and it’s ready to go!
3. Beginning of the Year Assessment: Use this assessment to determine what your students know at the beginning of the year. The following skills are assessed: letter recognition (capital and lowercase), letter sounds, basic shapes, number recognition (numbers 1-10), writing numbers independently, verbal counting, identifying colors, and name writing. **This assessment can also be purchased by itself in my store. Check it out!**
4. Tracing Practice Pages: These pages are very important for young students that are learning how to write. By tracing the dotted lines, students will improve their grasp and control over the pencil. To make this activity more fun, allow students to use colored pencils, crayons, or markers!
5. Scissor Practice: When students begin school, they usually have very limited experience using scissors. These practice pages allow students to practice cutting on solid black lines before they create craft projects in class.
6. Glue Dot Practice: Using bottles of “runny” glue in preschool or kindergarten can quickly turn projects into a sticky mess. Use these practice pages early in the school year so students can learn how to use just one dab of glue.
7. Back to School Craft: This craft is perfect for the first week of school! The students will use various shapes to create a school bus. Not only is the craft easy and cute but it will allow you to informally assess students’ knowledge of shapes.
8. Desk Nameplates: You will receive six ready to print desk nameplates in bright primary colors with school kids clipart.
9. Table Numbers: These table numbers are designed to match the students’ nameplates. Having the tables numbered can help with classroom management. Whether students are participating in center activities or lining up for recess you can call specific table numbers for a smooth transition.
10. Student Information Sheet: This form should be sent home on the first day of school to be completed by your students’ parents. Keep the completed forms on hand to have quick access to student information. I have included a full page information sheet and a half page for those who want to save paper.
11. Class List Form: This blank class list form is essential for classroom record keeping. Use this form when collecting anything from permission slips to homework assignments.
12. Attendance Record Form: Simply add your students’ names and mark who is present, absent, or tardy.
You'll get everything you need to start the year off right!!