Also included in
- This bundle includes ten roll a story writing prompts (designed for reluctant writers). These activities are perfect for Literacy lessons, centers and writer's workshop. They are also a great no prep lesson for substitute teachers!Tell me...Do you have reluctant writers in your classroom?You know, t$9.99$12.98Save $2.99
This product includes a roll a story writing prompt (designed for reluctant writers). This activity is perfect for Literacy lessons, centers and writer's workshop. It is also a great no prep lesson for substitute teachers!
*NOTE - This activity has the digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
Do you have reluctant writers in your classroom?
You know, the kids who have an empty page in front of them and say -
- 'I can't think of anything to write'
- 'I don't have any good ideas'
- 'I can't decide what to write about'
I've been there and I wanted to tear my hair out in frustration!
But thank goodness that roll a story prompts saved the day.
Students simply roll a die three times to mix and match story elements (a character, setting, and problem).
The ideas and decision making is DONE for the students!
This is a simple print and go activity suitable for students K-2nd grade!
You can choose to laminate this for multiple use.
The other pages included are: a planning page and three writing pages (with different types of lines) for the student’s stories.
- Whole Class Explicit Teaching
- Small Group work
- Literacy Centers/Writer's Workshop
- Independent Practise
- Early Finishers
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)