Ever wonder what your students' lives are like outside of school? Curious about things like:
- Did they get a good breakfast this morning?
- Do they have a set place to do homework every day?
- What's their schedule like after school?
Here's your chance to answer all those questions and more in just one easy assignment.
Feel free to use this as an in-class survey, or send home as a homework assignment. I've included an optional extension choice board for students to take it a step further with the following options:
- A Day in the Life… (interview parents about their daily work)
- Procrastination Elimination (students create a plan for getting their work done on time)
- What I Want to Be When I Grow Up (description of their future goals and interests)
- Calling All Architects (students create a 2-D or 3-D design of their bedroom. Some of my 4th graders even chose to use Google SketchUp to make a 3-D digital image of their bedrooms!)
Kids have really loved this assignment as a way to share more about their lives, and I find it so valuable as a teacher to have the chance to really get to know my students.
Every year I've used this I'm always able to gain a lot fuller of a picture about my students and their lives, in order to best meet their needs as a learner! Hopefully this will help you do the same. Thanks for the purchase and enjoy!