This resource is perfect for the beginning of the year when you are first introducing, reviewing and modeling the rules. BUT it is also a great resource to turn to when your students need a little review throughout the school year!
It is FULL of activities and thinking sheets, all focused on being respectful, responsible, honest and safe – in 5 different areas: the classroom cafeteria, hallway, bathroom and playground. Most of the activities can be used whole class or small group and every activity is available in color and black and white! (The thinking sheets are black and white only.) Print out just what you need and get ready to ROCK the rules!
Here’s what’s included:
- Brainstorm Sheets: 9 open-ended sheets that can be projected or printed; perfect to use for brainstorming
- 4 Corners Game: a fun way to get kids up and moving while thinking about how to show each rule
- Let’s Talk!: 12 discussion cards, each with a different rule testing scenario. Great for whole class or small group discussions. (A second set with two “choices” of how to respond is also included.)
- Rock or Wreck the Rules: 32 different behaviors (4 positive and 4 negative for 4 different places in school) to sort or match
PRINTABLE THINKING SHEETS – this is where the resource really ROCKS! There are a TON of choices in all different formats. Each of the two kinds of sheets (detailed below) comes with 27 choices: focus on character traits of being respectful, responsible, honest and safe, or focus on areas of the building with the classroom, cafeteria, hallway, bathroom and playground. And each one comes in a lined, unlined and drawing space version.
- Important Rules: printables for 5 different areas at school: classroom, hallway, playground cafeteria and bathroom and 4 different rules (respectful, responsible, honest and safe) in a choice of lined, unlined or sheet with an illustration
- Describe It: 3 sheets for each of the 4 rules and 5 places asking students to tell what following the rules looks like and sounds like.
You ROCKED the Rules!: A fun certificate to give to your students to show they’re ready to be a great classmate! (full page, quarter page, color and black and white.)
Take a look at the preview to see some of what is included. All the thinking sheets are not shown in the preview. Rather, there is a sample of each one.
Thanks for stopping by! Lisa, Second Grade Stories
Looking for more back-to-school resources? Take a look!
Back to School - Games Galore!
Book Units – Molly Lou Melon, Big Al, and more!
Standards Based Grade Books Grade K-4
Character Trait Posters and Graphic Organizers
Story Element Posters and Graphic Organizers
Being a Scientist