Back to School: S.T.A.R.R. Class Rules Flipbook, Posters, Powerpoint, and More!
*Editable Option*- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about receiving a version of the flipbook that you can edit.*
Perfect for students in grades 5-8, this awesome flipbook and classroom rules system is a great way to introduce your expectations in a fun and innovative way. Setting the tone for a successful year is one of the most important things you will do the first week of school. This packet includes everything you need to start the year off right.
Included in this product are the following materials:
1. S.T.A.R.R. Class Rules System- I created this acronym to help students remember how to be S.T.A.R.R. students.
S.- Be Smart
T.- Be Timely
A.- Have an A+ Attitude
R.- Be Respectful
R.- Be Responsible
These five points are so important and will help students learn
exactly what they need to do to be successful.
2. S.T.A.R.R. Flipbook- Many students are visual, as well as, hands-on learners. Flipbooks are a great way to engage even the most reluctant student. The top of the flipbook has five flaps the students flip up, one for each part of the S.T.A.R.R. acronym mentioned above. The top half of the flipbook reiterates the meaning of each letter. The bottom half includes more detailed information for each letter that explains exactly what behaviors the teacher expects.
This flipbook comes in two versions (both are available in color or black and white). The first version is ready for student note-taking. Students can fill in the cloze notes as the teacher discusses the classroom rules . The second version has all of the words filled in. Both versions serve as a great reminder to students and parents of your expectations.
The flipbook is easy to fold and only requires four simple cuts. Print the document 2-sided from your printer or use a copier and it is ready for folding and cutting.
3. S.T.A.R.R. PowerPoint- Also included in this set is a powerpoint that will guide students through an overview of the S.T.A.R.R. rules system and is meant to accompany the flipbook.
It comes with 10 slides which include the following information:
Slide 1- Title slide and brief overview of S.T.A.R.R.
Slides 2-3 - Detailed pictures and student-friendly directions for how to assemble the foldable.
Slide 4- S.T.A.R.R. Cloze notes overview
Slides 5, 6, 7, 8, 9- Cloze notes for each part of the S.T.A.R.R. acronym
Slide 10- Graphics credit
The powerpoint slides include animations which advance as you click to reveal the words that belong on each blank of the flipbook. This powerpoint is also partially customizable, so you can adjust terms, add, or delete information, and change colors as needed.
4. S.T.A.R.R. Posters- This set also comes with 6 awesome, colorful posters. Each poster provides an explanation of the S.T.A.R.R. rules system. These will make a great addition to your classroom and provide a daily reminder to students of your expectations.
5. S.T.A.R.R. Student of the Month Certificates- I have also included student of the month certificates that can be used to reward an individual who has exhibited all of the qualities of a S.T.A.R.R. student throughout the month. You could also use this certificate as positive reinforcement for a student who has shown growth or improvement. There are two certificates on each page and they come in 8 colors. The last page includes a black and white version of the certificate.
6. Directions for printing and assembling the flipbook- This helpful 3 page document document includes detailed pictures and directions for printing and assembling the flipbook.
**Please note: This powerpoint has been saved as .pptx, .ppt (ppt 97-2003), and also as a keynote presentation. Some of the text boxes may need to be adjusted based on the type of computer you have and program you use to open it.
When creating this powerpoint, I used LL Elementary Dots, a free font from Lovin’ Lit and My Own Topher, a free font from KevinandAmanda.com. When you open the powerpoint on your computer, if you don’t have these fonts installed on your computer, it will open in a default font. If you like, you can grab the fonts and install them on your computer by visiting
Be sure to check out my other products:
Printables and Graphic Organizers
Link-Figurative Language Fun
Link-An Inference Disaster: Implicit and Explicit Information
Link-Plot Diagram Fun
Link-Figurative Language Hunt
Fonts used in this packet are from
Kevin and Amanda at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/
I’m Lovin’ Lit https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lovin-Lit
Graphics and Clip Art are from
Creative Clips by Krista Wallden http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden
High 5 Clip Art https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Clocks-and-Watches-Clipart-Set-2293330
Kelsie Felix https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Clip-Art-Back-to-School-Super-Pack-Personal-TPT-Commercial-Use-744485
Kim Berry of Cre8tivekjs Designs https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Clip-Art-Outrageous-Owls-1999123
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for your support and I would greatly appreciate feedback about my products. Don’t forget: you can earn TpT credits if you leave feedback on a purchased product.