Also included in
- Need back to school icebreakers or games that get students moving, communicating, working in teams, and building relationships? Here are 50 of our favorite basic activities that are low-cost and low-prep for any classroom or subject!**Updated to include distance learning icebreaker games and activit$23.80$29.75Save $5.95
- Want to introduce STEM to your classroom? Here are 45 of our favorite basic (Stage 1) STEM challenges that are low-cost and low-prep for any classroom! Activities are perfect as back to school icebreakers or games that introduce STEM while getting students moving, communicating, and working in teams$23.68$29.60Save $5.92
Before tasking students to complete rigorous engineering design challenges, educators should start with Stage 1 STEM activities.
Stage 1 STEM activities are perfect icebreakers and team challenges to promote collaboration, teamwork, communication, and problem solving. They lay a critical
foundation for more intensive STEM challenges. Working as a team, students will learn lessons in communication, innovation, hidden assumptions, and creativity that are central to the engineering process.
This packet contains 5 teamwork challenges that are great for back to school or as icebreakers for a new group of students. The sixth activity is a more in-depth engineering design challenge that uses the complete design process. This activity can be used to set the stage for more rigorous Stage 2 design challenges.
**Purchase the bundle for 20% discount: 12 STEM Icebreaker Challenges
The following activities are intended to promote teamwork amongst small groups of students. Each activity builds a foundation of communication, collaboration, and critical thinking that is important for engineering design challenges.
- Space Docking
- Helium Stick
- Head Tower
- Crossing the Polar Ice Caps
ENGINEERING TOWER CHALLENGE
Learn to apply the engineering design process as a team with a classic tower challenge that includes an extra twist!
- Straw Tower
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥