Also included in
- These Back to School STEM challenges are designed to help your students think outside the box and learn how the world works. These STEM challenges help students explore the engineering design process using common materials.The STEM Process:Present the STEM challenge. Then students imagine, explore,$8.00$12.00Save $4.00
This Back to School STEM challenge is designed to help your students think outside the box and learn how the world works. This Crayon Box STEM challenge helps students explore the engineering design process using common materials.
The STEM Process:
Present the STEM challenge: Together with your partner/group, build a sturdy box that will hold your crayons and protect them from getting lost or broken. Then students imagine, explore, reimagine, plan, create & test, improve, reflect, and evaluate their designs.
We've included a list for material recommendations, but this challenge can be done with materials you have on hand, such as paper, pipe cleaners, cups, popsicle sticks, string, scissors, cotton balls, cardboard, rubber bands, glue, and tape.
- Step-by-Step lesson plans
- STEM Challenge worksheets for each step of the design process
- Printable templates for design enhancements
- Vocabulary Cards
- Explore science connections with QR codes and an infographic
- Materials List
- Ask Poster
- STEM Challenge Poster
- Recording Sheets
- Engineering Design Process posters
- Self/Group Evaluation Checklist
We would love to hear from you! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase!
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our website!