Back to School Second Grade is a packet of beginning of the school year themed activities. Engage your students with easy to use resources and ideas that include first day of school writing, drawing, and informal assessment activities. You’ll find calendars, booklets, all about me and friend activities, literature-based activities, and much more.
Included in the packet:
• First Day of School Folder Covers
• This Is Me! Picture
• First Day Smile Photograph
• I can write about . . . - Students write about a topic of their choice.
• I can write numbers.
• August and September Calendars - fill in the numbers.
• Second Grade Booklet - Students complete a booklet by writing about second grade. A sentence starter and illustration is included on each page.
• Second Graders can, have, are Tree Map
• Picture It! - Students draw pictures of themselves, family, pets, home, and age.
• My Favorites - Students draw pictures of some of their favorite things.
• About Me - Students write about themselves.
• Find a friend who . . . - Students find other friends who match the words and pictures in each of the boxes.
• Second Grade Friends – Students write about new and old second grade friends.
• Reading Bookmarks - color and black and white versions.
• Back to School Word Search
• How many words can you make from the letters in “second grade”?
• Compare and Contrast First Grade and Second Grade – Students complete a Venn diagram.
• Summer Fun! - Students draw/label pictures to show fun things they did last summer.
• Last summer I . . . Writing - Students draw and write about what they did during the summer.
• Second Grade Back to School Letter – Students write a letter telling what they think about second grade.
• Welcome Sentences - Students put the words in order to make “welcome to second grade” sentences.
• Back to School Read Alouds – List of read alouds for the first weeks back to school.
• Literature-Based Activities - activities based on the following read aloud books:
How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Mark Teague
Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathman
Amelia Bedelia’s First Day of School by Herman Parish
Go Home, Mrs. Beekman! by Ann Redisch Stampler
First Day Jitters and First Year Letters by Julie Danneberg
Click on Preview
to see what's included in the packet.
For more Back to School
Back to School Writing for Second Grade
Back to School Color by Code Addition and Subtraction
You may be interested in the second grade bundled set:
Back to School Second Grade Bundle
Click on Follow Me
to follow my store for updates and new products. You can find it under my store name.
Thank you for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse