This is a pack full of activities for new second graders at the beginning of the year! It incorporates the number 2 into many different kinds of activities, including icebreakers, getting to know you, word building, math and writing skills.
These are great activities for students to work on the first week in class to interact with each other, as well as good independent activities if you need time to collect supplies or get things in order.
- SECOND GRADE Making Words: Students can manipulate letter cards to come up with as many words as possible using the letters in SECOND GRADE. Cards come in color and black and white.
- THINK TWICE Activity: A Scattergories type activity where students need to think of 2 things to fit in each category. (2 pages)
- MATH TWO’S: A math fact practice sheet focusing on addition and subtraction facts with 2 in them.
- TWO ABOUT ME: An activity where students can share facts about themselves with the class. Students can either guess who the facts belong to, or just share their own with the class. Comes with a girl design, and boy design.
- FRIEND FINDER: Find 2 friends that fit in each category. This encourages students to talk to and interact with each other, while finding out new information about their classmates. (2 pages)
- DRAWING & WRITING: An activity where students can use their creativity to create their own drawing out of 2 lines, then write about what they created.
- PICK 2 WRITING STORY: Included are character cards and setting cards. Students pick one of each and use them to create their own story. Stationery pages included.
Check out the preview for a sample look at some of the pages!