Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction mini-passages, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice comprehension questions on one page. The paragraphs are about topics related to education, such as school history, the invention of crayons, how paper is made, the history of counting, animal intelligence, and the four types of personalities. The questions include a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for back to school or anytime reading!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Crayon Creation informational text and questions (1 page)
• Critter Comprehension informational text and questions (1 page)
• Education Evolution informational text and questions (1 page)
• Enumeration Enlightenment informational text and questions (1 page)
• Paper Production informational text and questions (1 page)
• Personality Power informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► These Education Reading Passages
are longer versions of 4 of these mini-passages.
► SAVE by purchasing the Short Reading Passages BUNDLE
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!