FREE Back to school playdough smash mat! Target a multitude of early intervention, preschool, or early elementary speech and language targets, as well as play skills, within one activity!
As teachers and therapists, it is essential to have versatile activities in our "bag" of therapy tricks so that we can use the same resource to target multiple skill areas with different students. Enter playdough smashmats! Smashmats not only offer versatility, but they also provide a fun and rewarding way to incorporate a bit of structure into a mostly child-directed play routine so that specific skills can be more easily targeted. Incorporate smash mats into your sessions to address countless speech, language, and social/play targets, including:
- Requesting skills
- Imitation skills (e.g., actions with toys/playdough, environmental sounds, articulation sounds in isolation, simple words, and short phrases)
- Articulation practice at the sound, word, or phrase level
- Increasing MLU (e.g., think practice with simple phrases such as, "I see ___" and "I want ____", etc.)
- Expanding expressive and receptive vocabulary
- Practice with following directions in play
- Practice with answering questions about the items in the pictures
- Increasing feature/function knowledge and descriptve language
- Expanding overall play routines
- Practice with turn-taking skills and sharing
The possibilities are endless!
If you like this product, you may also be interested in these other Smashmat resources:
Thanks so much for visiting my store! Your feedback, whether positive or constructive, is always welcome and much appreciated! I would really love to know if you are finding my resources to be helpful. I create products that I use personally with my own early intervention speech therapy students and I hope you and your students find these products fun and helpful!