Also included in
- Social Emotional Learning is a very important component to student success. It’s important to start the year off with you trying to get to know your students, them getting to know you, and for your students to get to know each other. The resources provided in this bundle are intended to help create$79.42$88.25Save $8.83
Are you looking for a resource that will engage your students and help them relax and have some fun? The purpose of this social emotional activity is to build classroom community and get to know your students better.
These activities would be great for back to school, but they can be used throughout the school year. Students are asked to rank (from 1 to 5) activities for topics. Included in this resource are five themes (school, food, universe, contest, and sports). Each theme contains four separate activities for students to rank as they work online. An example activity: “If a snowman went to your school, rank what its favorite type of lunch would be.” Students would then have to rank the choices (carrot cake, ice cubes, cold soup, frozen dinner, and ice cream sandwich).
Included in Resource:
- Rank ‘Em Tips & Links (2-pages; PDF)
- Rank ‘Em School Theme (1-page; Google Slides™)
- Rank ‘Em Food Theme (1-page; Google Slides™)
- Rank ‘Em Universe Theme (1-page; Google Slides™)
- Rank ‘Em Contest Theme (1-page; Google Slides™)
- Rank ‘Em Sports Theme (1-page; Google Slides™)
Download our preview for more details!
This resource is meant to engage our students in a unique way. It’s also meant to help you and your students to get to know each other. This can be used with students while they are at or away from school. There are many ways to use this resource:
- Individual Work- Individual students can rank each activity and then send to you or you can have a class (or virtual) discussion.
- Group/Partner Work- If your students are at school, you could break your class into groups of 3-4 students (or partners) and have them work on this activity. This would help create cooperation because groups will need to come to a consensus on the rankings.
- Classroom Discussions- If you are at school, class discussions are obviously easier. If students are away from school (virtual), class discussions can be trickier. If you meet with your students online, students could hold up fingers to indicate how they ranked. They could also write down their ranking on a piece of paper and hold it up or share in a chat/comments section.
- First off, if you haven’t created a free Google™ account, you will need to do that before downloading this digital resource. Each student will also need their own account.
- You can download the resources by clicking on the links provided to you when you purchase this.
- When you click on the link, you will come to a screen that says . In order to transfer this file to your own Google Drive™ account, click the button that says . Note: If you have several Google Drive accounts with multiple email addresses, make sure you take note which email address is selected in the top right corner of the screen so you can easily find the file in the future.
Why Use this resource?
- This resource is paperless.
- This resource is easily accessible using Google Drive™.
- Your students will work directly on the digital documents.
- It’s a way to integrate technology into instruction.
- Students are highly engaged in their work.
Check out our other online resources:
Since this product utilizes free web and app resources, there may be rare times that the technology does not work as planned, which may be out of our control. Please be sure to message us in the Q&A section so we can assist you before leaving feedback.
Google and Google Apps are trademarks of Google Inc. © 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Wise Guys are not affiliated with and have not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Google Inc.