Engage your students, get to know them better, and build classroom community with this fun "speed dating" activity, a twist on the typical "get-to-know-you" icebreakers.
In the past, I've played the game where you toss a ball with different questions on it, and each student answers the question their right thumbs lands on. It was fun, but one student was speaking while 24 others listened. It didn't feel like the best use of my time, so I created this engaging alternative that engages every single student AT THE SAME TIME!
Students will go on mini discussion "dates" with their peers and talk through fun get-to-know-you questions that will build classroom community. It's fun to join in as the teacher, too!
When you download this product, you will receive the following:
-Print AND digital/distance learning versions
-Thorough Teacher Instructions
-45 Fun Questions (on cards that will stand up on tables/desks)
-Blank Question Card Template (so you can add your own)
The best part: It's EDITABLE! So you can make this your own. :)
Love this resource? Check out my other speed dating resources:
- Speed Debating: Persuasive Activity - Practice Debate & Ethos, Pathos, & Logos
- Speed Dating for ANY Novel: Engaging Literary Analysis Discussion Activity!
- Peer Review Speed Dating Activity - Engaging, Meaningful Peer Feedback!
- Speed Dating for ANY Topic: Editable Template - Engaging Activity!
- American Dream Speed Debating Discussion - Engaging Activity