Take some of the pressure off of going back to school with these EDITABLE back-to-school stations! These seven stations remove you from the center of attention, freeing you up to chat and get to know your students--rather than talking at a room of bored teenagers for a full class period!
This resource is in the form of a Google Drive folder. You will need access to a Google account to use it. Included are the following:
- A Teacher's Guide For Prepping Stations--know exactly what you have to set up and copy before the big day
- Student Directs--editable so you can update them each year or modify station directions to fit your class needs
- Three Handouts--worksheets for the All About Me, To Be Read List, and Goal-Setting Stations THESE 3 WORKSHEETS ARE NON-EDITABLE
- A Letter to the Class Template--so your students can learn about you in the letter-writing station
- A Reading Survey--an online survey about students' independent reading habits which will aggregate date for your use
***Look at the preview to see the handouts, teacher's guide, and student directions prior to purchase.
These stations were designed with my high school English classes in mind, but they are easily adaptable for other grade levels and content areas. Altogether, these seven stations filled a 90-minute class period perfectly.
7 Stations include:
- : Students will read a letter from you before writing one to you. Get to know your students AND get a writing sample early!
- : Students fill out an All About Me worksheet (included). You get to know students, and (if they are displayed) students get to know their classmates
- : Have students create/set up/decorate their class folder
- : Students will take a survey about their reading habits. This accomplishes a couple of things: you will learn about students' reading habits AND you will get them all set up in your digital classroom
- : Students will learn about SMART goals and create one for their personal life, academics, and your class specifically. The included worksheet can be revisited and reflected upon all semester!
- --Students will create a To Be Read list for independent reading. This is a worksheet that they can add to all semester long (and provides a great entry point into talking with students about their reading interests)
- --Students will learn about the Pocket Points app and have the chance to opt in to your classroom
Need more first week activities? Check out my FREE "I Am" Poem activity.