Take some of the pressure off of going back to school with these EDITABLE Back-to-School Stations for high school English classes! These six back-to-school stations help you cover the basics--get a writing sample, introduce students to the classroom library, set up a Google Classroom, and more--while allowing you to walk around and chat with your new students!
These stations were designed with my high school English classes in mind, but they are easily adaptable for other grade levels and content areas. Altogether, these seven stations filled a 90-minute class period perfectly.
- : Students will read a letter from you before writing one to you. Get to know your students AND get a writing sample early!
- : Students fill out an All About Me worksheet (included). You get to know students, and (if they are displayed) students get to know their classmates
- : Have students create/set up/decorate their class folder
- : Students will take an online survey about their reading habits. This accomplishes a couple of things: you will learn about students' reading habits AND you will get them all set up in your digital classroom
- : Students will learn about SMART goals and create one for their personal life, academics, and your class specifically. The included worksheet can be revisited and reflected upon all semester!
- --Students will create a To Be Read list for independent reading. This is a worksheet that they can add to all semester long (and provides a great entry point into talking with students about their reading interests)
Please note that the included worksheets are NOT editable. The reading inventory, teacher letter template, and all student directions, however, ARE EDITABLE.
- --know exactly what you have to set up and copy before the big day
- --editable so you can update them each year or modify station directions to fit your class needs
- --worksheets for the All About Me, To Be Read List, and Goal-Setting Stations THESE 3 WORKSHEETS ARE NON-EDITABLE PDFs
- --so your students can learn about you in the letter-writing station
- --an online Google Forms survey about students' independent reading habits which will aggregate data for your use
The whole resource can be seen in the preview. Please look at the preview prior to purchase to ensure that this test will work for you and your students.
This resource is a great activity for the back-to-school season or the beginning of a new class! :
- FREE "I Am" Poem activity
- FREE Classroom Procedures Scavenger Hunt
- Email Writing Lesson
- Grammar Introduction Activity
***This resource consists of editable and non-editable PDFs and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.