It’s time to head back to school! The beginning of the year is such an important time for both teachers and students! This student application is a great way to glean all the information you can from your students the very first few days of school. Students are more apt to be candid about their lives in the beginning of the year…so here is a way to find out as much as you can so that you can help them learn and grow.
I give this to my students on the very first day of class for a number of reasons:
• It keeps them busy while I take roll and figure out all the stuff that needs to get done on the first day.
• It shows them that my class is about working from Day 1!
• It lets me know if they can follow directions. In the upper left corner is asks students to use blue or black INK. I can’t tell you how many students fail to “read the directions”! I usually ask them to notice the directions about 5 minutes into the process.
• The process of filling out an application is a necessary life skill!
What you get:
• Two-sided “application” to attend your class.
• I read through these applications the very first few days of school. I note any students that have issues I need to be sensitive about: food issues, living in two homes, etc. I usually make some notes on my seating chart regarding important issues. I talk to the proper authorities if there are any issues that concern them.
• Before students get to the goal section, we take 5 minutes and discuss appropriate academic and personal goals. Then students are given time to revise their application.
• I file these applications alphabetically to refer to during the year.
Check out my store for more products you may like! Thanks for your interest!