Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.15 MB | 24 pages
This package includes a set of 24 "Back to School" task cards and a corresponding "Back to School" PowerPoint activity of 24 slides. The 24 questions are an excellent way to get to know your students and for them to get to know each other. This activity can be done in either the task card form or as a whole class activity by using the PowerPoint presentation instead.
Listed below are the contents of this package and how you might use them:
• 24 multiple choice task cards in color (PDF format)
• 24 multiple choice task cards in black and white (PDF format)
• 1 student answer sheet
• 24 slide PowerPoint Presentation of each task card question
How to Print and Use Task Cards:
1) Task cards should be printed in the format provided
2) You should select “fit” under “size options” when printing. This will ensure that each card is the correct size.
3) Once printed, you should cut the cards on the dotted lines provided.
4) Cards can be laminated, glued onto card-stock, or simply used as is.
5) I like to punch a hole in the corner of all of my task cards and put them on a metal ring (found at dollar stores, Wal-Mart, etc.)
6) Task cards can be used as individual extension activities, small group work activities, or as part of a series of round-robin activities.
How to Use the PowerPoint Presentation:
(As an alternative to using the task cards, the PowerPoint presentation can be used to accommodate a whole class activity)
1) Provide each student with a “student answer sheet”.
2) Start the PowerPoint Presentation (slide 1).
3) Explain to students that they will be asked a series of 24 questions, one for each slide. Explain that the number on the slide corresponds to a number on their answer sheets.
4) Go to slide 2. Ask the question on slide to and ask students to write their responses on their answer sheets.
5) Go through the rest of the slides until all students have responded to all questions.
6) The completed answer sheets can be collected for teacher review or used as a tool for students to share a little bit about themselves with the rest of the class.