This activity combines math and craft to create a colorful Back to School display. It uses a template with a pencil holder and clock. Students show a time on the clock then write what they do at that time when they go back to school. This makes a great display and they look so cute when grouped together. It is a single page activity. Just print one for each student.
- Teachers Notes
- Single page activity sheet
- 'It's Back to School Time' words to print and cut out for the display
- Photos of display ideas
- NO PREP activity - just print and go
- Single page activity
- Instructions on the page
- Uses analog time, digital time and also time in words
- Makes a great display
- Reinforces telling time skills
- Can be used with a range of grade levels
- Only requires colored markers or pencils, scissors and glue to complete
To complete the activity students color the pencils and pencil holder, glue hands on the clock to make their time, then write their time as a digital time and also in words. They then write what they do at that time when they go back to school and cut out the pencils and holder and their writing to display them.
This activity is suggested for first grade, second grade and third grade but may be suitable for other grades also. Please see the preview to determine if these are suitable for your students.
You may like to have students choose a time on the hour to display or they can choose to do a half hour time, quarter hour time, 5 minute interval time or a time to the minute. Of course this will depend on how advanced their ability to tell the time on an analog clock is.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE TELLING TIME RESOURCES:
- Telling Time to the Hour Games and Telling Time to the Hour Worksheets
- Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour Worksheets, Games and Color by Code
- Telling Time to the Quarter Hour Worksheets, Games and Color by Code
- Telling Time to the Minute Worksheets, Games and Color by Code
- Telling Time Games and Telling Time Worksheets Bundle
- Summer Time Craftivity
Be the first to know about my new products, freebies and discounts: Click on the green star to become a follower and receive updates.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: Remember to leave feedback for the products you purchase so that you earn your free TpT Credits which are redeemable on future purchases.
Wishing you and your students lots of fun with this activity!