Also included in
- If you know you are starting school virtually, this virtual teacher toolkit bundle will help you get prepared, planned, and organized.Buy the bundle now and SAVE 28% OFF each resource.What's in the Bundle?✹ Morning Messages Templates (Editable)✹ Presentation Slides (Editable)✹ BTS: Get to Know You I$21.84$37.90Save $16.06
- This resource is filled with information for you to launch a successful first week of school whether you are starting virtually or in-class. It includes complete lesson plans for the first day of school and support resources for the first weeks of school. This is especially helpful if you are a new$14.54$25.97Save $11.43
This resource is for teachers that are starting the school year virtually. You can still have fun and special back to school activities for your students during this time of distance learning.
What's included in this resource?
There are 8 virtual student activities that will be assigned on Google Slides through Google Classroom. Two of the activities are whole-class games that you can play. Six of the activities are independent work for students to complete. Use these back to school activities to get to know your students better.
For all of the activities, you can choose to assign every page or use a few each day of the week. Ready to practice break out rooms? Use the games to have students interacting with each other for short periods of time. Build their stamina while having fun!
Student directions on how to use the features of Google Slides are included in the activities that need further explaining.
This is a fun interactive game for students to guess what the image is. They’ll get two visual clues from the image before they are asked to guess. You can accept guesses from the whole class or groups of students. There are 25 images to guess within 5 categories: Animals, Food, In The Home, Outside and Challenge. The challenge images do not give a clue on the theme.
This is a whole class game. You can do a few slides a day or all at once. Just share your screen with the class and have fun!
- Ask a few students to share their reasoning.
- Use the questions to practice procedures and routines you are trying to establish. For example: track the speaker, listening to the person speaking, or breakout rooms.
Have your students share a little bit about themselves during the first week by making virtual name tags. Students will learn to drag images and take a selfie (only if the computer has a camera).
Use these slides to have students share how they are feeling on the first day of school, the second day of school, and any other day, “Checking In.”
This is a great resource to understand your students' social-emotional needs.
Your students can create goals for themselves for the coming year and share what they look forward to. Includes:
- Goal Setting for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade
- Reflecting on last year
- What they are looking forward to this year
Start the year on the right foot by sharing a growth mindset with your students. Although distance learning is new for students, we can still encourage a growth mindset. Slides include:
- Positive Self Talk Sort
- What do you believe? Writing Prompt
- What are your smarts? (Google skill - using the search feature)
- 2 Growth Mindset quotes
How should students behave online? This is a sorting activity where students reflect on how they should behave during distance learning. Slides include:
- How can we be safe? (online)
- How can we be responsible?
- How can we be respectful?
- Distance Learning Do's and Don'ts
You can complete it together or assign it to students and then discuss it as a whole class.
Your students will meet four writing pals: Damien, Ziggy Troll, Chloe Monster, and Meg Mouse. The writing pals will share a little bit about themselves and then give a writing prompt to the students. Students will write a:
- journal entry
- list writing
- story narrative
- this or that (opinion writing)
NEED MORE DIGITAL RESOURCES FOR VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS?
Follow My Store
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login.) Click on the Provide Feedback button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Plus, I value your feedback greatly.