Also included in
- If your first grade students are challenged by reading basic words that are essential to their classroom success... words like glue, pencil, paper, and crayons... this is the bundle you need! Your students will get lots of repeated practice with these utility words, and they'll gain the confidence$6.00$7.50Save $1.50
- This bundle of back to school literacy and math activities for first grade includes everything you’ll need to get your learners off to a strong start at the beginning of the school year! These resources are a great way for you to bring your students back up to speed, to review, and to informally ass$28.00$40.00Save $12.00
- This bundle includes more than 300 seasonal and thematic riddle cards, riddle writing templates, and related games for vocabulary development.Click on any picture above to link to previews of all of the riddle sets that are included in this bundle! All are available separately, but you'll save near$41.50$59.00Save $17.50
These back to school riddles and activities will help you build your students' vocabulary as you introduce or review procedures with school supplies like glue sticks, pencils, stapler, and 21 more.
Solve a riddle a day every day to give your students regular practice with active listening, inferring, identifying and answering key questions, and building vocabulary. These riddles are a form of informational text. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and engaging way to lay the groundwork for early comprehension skills!
Use this set of 24 school riddle cards in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade…
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues and use the information to eliminate incorrect choices
* As a pocket chart center read, solve, and match activity
* As a small group or literacy center activity, with the game board that is included (uses the same vocabulary).
* As the basis of a riddle writing activity, using the included template
* For a math connection, complete the school tools graph that's also included.
These riddles make a great beginning of school activity, but you’ll also find them useful for your whole class and centers throughout the school year.
Have you noticed that your students could use some extra review in how to use a particular school tool? Losing pencils, overdoing it with the glue sticks (or losing the caps!), leaving backpacks in the wrong places ... pull out one of these riddles to begin a mini-lesson!
Note: One of the terms included is "flag". To avoid confusion for your students, I've included three different flag cards, for the American, Canadian, and Australian flags.
Do you love using riddles with your class? Click here to see all of my riddle sets!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like...
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. When you click it, you'll be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Click here to follow my store! You'll receive email updates when I post new resources. You'll also receive an occasional "Followers Only" freebie, just to say thanks!. ☺
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson