Back to School Vocabulary Trading Cards! Make learning back to school vocabulary FUN in whole groups, partners, individually, or centers with meaningful, research based strategies! This is a set of 16 back to school vocabulary cards that you can use with your students when teaching writing or word work at the beginning of the year. I created them to be used as "back to school" flashcards or task cards and my students LOVE using them.
*Note: This product is also available in Spanish. Find it here
This Back to School Trading Card Set includes:
• 16 back to school vocabulary cards with the word and picture on the front. The back has an example sentence with the word in it.
• The same 16 back to school cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to write their own sentence.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more back to school terms to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their back to school cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these back to school vocabulary cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
I print these back to school cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 16 "back to school" words included in this set of cards are:
Here are some related back to school products:
Back to School Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
- Best Deal-Save $2.00!
Back to School Vocabulary Word Wall
Thank you for looking at my back to school trading cards and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in my store
Back to School Vocabulary Cards
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License