Also included in
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.As I add more resources, the price of this product will increase. This is because TpT caps the discount I can offer on products in a bundle. I can only reduce the price by 50% in a bundle.Once you buy this pro$114.75$229.16Save $114.41
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS activities (12 lessons). FUN activities to teach important life skills - IN PERSON or REMOTE LEARNING. Help students communicate MORE EFFECTIVELY and BE MORE ASSERTIVE. Communication is key during difficult situations with friends, classmates, romantic relationships, family, and$15.00$24.00Save $9.00
Back to School ice-breaker activity to help students get to know their classmates.
Use this with:
- students at the start of the school year
- or, after you return to IN-PERSON learning after a Covid lockdown.
There are 3 versions in the handout:
- Regular human bingo (with generic timeless questions),
- Welcome Back to IN-PERSON Learning version with questions about how their Covid-19 lock-down experience was, and a
- BLANK human bingo template.
Things to know:
- All files can be edited to mix, match or change questions. (Google Docs™ / Microsoft Word™ files included.)
- Or, just print the NO PREP JUST PRINT version (FILE 0).
FREE COMMUNICATION LESSON PLAN:
⭐ IMPORTANT MENTAL HEALTH NOTE:
We can’t underestimate the impact of Covid-19 on the mental health of our students.
- Family members may have lost jobs, loved ones, or security and stability.
- Our students may be part of homes where problems were made worse by the pandemic.
- Students may have had a tough time dealing with change.
- Covid-19 might be a highly controversial topic in some homes with multiple points of view.
As classroom teachers, we often don’t know so much about what our students are struggling with. School might be a safe place for our students in a way that we can’t truly appreciate.
So, while it’s important to acknowledge and provide an opportunity for students to discuss how they are doing (in the same way we ask what our students did during the holiday break), it’s equally important to provide a safe space for the invisible students who might be struggling.
If you are including questions from the Welcome Back to IN-PERSON Learning version, please consider the following:
- Giving your students the “right to pass.” They can just say “pass” and not answer any question for whatever reason. No questions asked.
- Checking in with your school administration / teacher union / student mental health supports regarding guidelines around discussions about the pandemic
- Looking at the human bingo questions to make sure they are appropriate for your classroom and teaching style.
The questions in the WELCOME BACK to IN-PERSON LEARNING try to focus on:
- positive elements (i.e. Find someone who learned how to do a new skill)
- common experiences (i.e. Find someone who lost their mask)
- some challenging experiences in a light-hearted way (i.e. Someone who watched a lot of streaming media)
Remember, you can edit the files for your specific needs.
Here are some other resources you might enjoy:
- Help students respect other students’ points of view using debate ()
- Remind students how to learn ()
- Teach students how to set goals and achieve them ()
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below or to email me at Mike@educircles.org
..... TUESDAY Sep 14, 2021 update: Are you still in the honeymoon stage or is it like you never had a summer vacation? The grind is real...
My name is Mike Fuchigami. I'm the teacher behind Educircles.
- My goal is to SAVE YOU HOURS of PREP.
- I want to help you EMPOWER STUDENTS to survive and thrive in a changing world!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for free lessons!
- FOLLOW my Facebook page for free resources and tips!
- FOLLOW this TpT store for free TpT gift cards!
- Watch ▶️ HOW EASY it is to get my Educircles Google Drive products.
⭐⭐⭐ SO FAR, I'VE DONATED $7,098 of sales to STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH CHARITIES! Thank you for purchasing an Educircles product!
⭐⭐⭐ I'VE ALSO GIVEN AWAY $845 in TpT GIFT CARDS to TEACHERS!
- Congratulations to Emily (Ceredigion, UK) who won a $100 TpT gift card and Nadia (Sierra Vista, US) who won $50 ▶️ VIDEO
- Congratulations to A (Guam, US) who won a $25 TpT gift card in July !! ▶️ VIDEO
⭐⭐⭐ THE NEXT 4 TEACHERS to answer 3 easy questions will AUTOMATICALLY win a $10 TpT gift card
- Question 1: Where do you teach (city, country)?
- Question 2: What do you teach (grades / subjects)?
- Question 3 is waiting for you in your TpT inbox
The following teachers each won a $10 TpT gift card!
- Elizabeth (Fort Covington, US)
- Anyone? Anyone?
- ??? (crickets chirping on Tue Sep 14, 2021...)
FOLLOW MY STORE to get the next set of questions!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 34,540 Educircles resources!
This interactive map shows the cities where teachers have bought one of my resources!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
✅ FREE, LOW PREP
- SET GOALS: Print handout. Use optional slideshow or videos.
- ASK IF I CHEATED / Did I lie? Watch video. Discuss.
- HUMAN BINGO ice breaker communication activity. Perfect for Back to School after a Covid lockdown.
✅ LEARNING SKILLS in a world of Covid, Systemic Racism and Constant Change!
- BUILD character: develop resilience during uncertain times.
- EMPOWER classroom citizenship: actively participate in our school, local and global community to make the world a better place.
- THINK critically instead of reacting to fear, viral videos, or fake news.
- EVALUATE systemic discrimination in a real world case study: how might a system impose unfair burdens on a group of people?
✅ SAVE HOURS OF PREP (and money) with the bundle!
- The Educircles EVERYTHING Bundle (Psst, the price goes up as I add more resources to my store.)
Version 2.1: Welcome to the family update
- No changes to content
- Added Welcome to the Family PDF (FILE 1b) which I forgot to include. Oops!
Version 2: Welcome Back to IN-PERSON learning update Aug 24, 2021
- Made the questions more timeless / ever-green
- Added WELCOME BACK to IN-PERSON LEARNING questions (FILE 3 - pg 2)
- Updated Read Me First (FILE 1a) and added PDF about Educircles (FILE 1b)
- Changed file numbers to make things consistent with other Educircles products:
- FILE 3 Handout (formerly Part 2)
- FILE 2 Bangers Comic Book Font (formerly Part 3)
- Added © copyright symbol on handout footers. Educircles products are original works that fall under copyright protection from the moment of creation. The copyright symbol is for clarity and to discourage unauthorized distribution. Please download Educircles products from the . (Even the free ones!)
Version 1: Initial Release Aug 23, 2019
- Released as a zipped file product on Educircles.org