I absolutely adore Kevin Henkes and all of his stories. I do an author study throughout the year but love to read "Chrysanthemum" when the school year begins. It focuses on names, feelings, and so much more! I created this pack for my kiddos to cover a lot of material. You will find:
* character, setting, and plot
* name comparison activity
* phonics fun with the letters of 'Chrysanthemum'
* telling three parts of the story
* journal writing
* fine motor fun with sequential letters
* adjective focus from words in the story