Five back to school word work centres to use during Daily 5 time, literacy centers, or any other time of day!
1. School Stamping Fun - Students stamp school words. Optional word bank to assist them. (Any type of alphabet stamps work with this centre.)
2. Dot the Letters - Students use bingo dabbers to match lower case and upper case letters.
3. Find the Missing Letters - Students use magnetic letters to fill in the missing letters on the sequence cards. Matching recording sheet.
4. School Word Family Sort - Students sort picture cards by the short "a" word families (ab, ap, at). There is a recording sheet to go with this centre.
5. Beginning Sounds - Students choose a picture card, draw the picture, and write the beginning sound.