Offering multiple writing opportunities to students throughout the day is so important! This Back to School Writing Packet includes differentiated options for whole group, small group, workshop, early finishers, and center activities. Detailed directions are included to help you set up these resources in your classroom. Students can work on a different writing activity each day of the week for the entire month! This resource includes vocabulary word work, graphic organizers, free writes, task cards, sentence practice, and more!
Included in this resource:
- Directions for Use
- CCSS Standard Alignment
- Sample Calendar
- (8) Back to School Item Vocabulary Word Cards
- (1) Write a Story Using Your Vocabulary Cards Writing Page
- (4) Write a List Task Cards: Animals, Foods, Colors, School Supplies
- Write A List Student Worksheet: 2 options for differentiating writing
- Don't Peek! Sheet
- Animals Word and Picture Poster
- Foods Word and Picture Poster
- Colors Word and Picture Poster
- School Supplies Word and Picture Poster
- (5) Read, Copy, Draw, Color, and Highlight the Sentence Worksheet
- (5) Unscramble It! Cut, Paste, and Write Worksheet
- (5) How To Writing Graphic Organizer
- (5) Opinion Writing Graphic Organizer
- (5) Informative Writing Graphic Organizer
- (5) Free Write Writing Pages
- Lined Blank Writing Pages: 2 options for differentiating writing
*Check out my PREVIEW of these resources.
This resource covers the following CCSS writing standards:
CCSS W.1.1 Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or name the book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure.
CCSS W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.
CCSS W.1.3 Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
**Don't forget! TpT offers FREE credits when you leave feedback on paid resources.**