Back to School Writing for First Grade is a packet of beginning of the school year themed first grade writing activities. The easy to use set of writing printables includes prompts about the first day of school, response to literature, summer fun, getting to know me, school friends, and more.
The packet includes the following:
• First Day of School Writing – use for any first day writing activity.
• First Day of School Photograph – first day of school photograph and writing.
• My School – information sheet.
• My School Day – write and draw a sequence of 3 events in the school day.
• My School Week - write and draw a sequence of events for each day in the school week.
• The Night Before First Grade – write about thoughts and preparations the night before starting first grade.
• Back to School Jitters – students cut out the emotion picture that shows how they feel. They glue it to the writing page and write about back to school emotions.
• Back to School Tools – draw and write a list of school tools you have in your backpack.
• Back to School Friends – write about class friends.
• Summer Fun! Writing – writing about what they did during the summer.
• Back to School Books – write about back to school themed books read by the teacher.
• I love books. – write about books that are read.
• Back to School Reading – sequence events in a back to school story.
• I can write about a book. – draw and write about what happened at the beginning, middle, and end of a story.
• I can read non-fiction books. – draw and write about what is learned from reading a non-fiction book.
• I can write about non-fiction books. – draw, write, and share two facts learned from reading a non-fiction book.
• A Map of My Classroom – draw a map of the classroom and write about it. Students may cut out the classroom furniture and pieces to use on their maps.
• Classroom Rules – draw and label 4 classroom rules.
• I can follow classroom rules. – write about 2 classroom rules.
• Recess Time – draw and write about what they like to do at recess
• Compare and Contrast – use pictures and labels to compare and contrast kindergarten and first grade
• What I think . . . – draw and write thoughts about kindergarten and first grade.
• School Tour – draw and write about what is seen on the first day school tour.
• Our School Library – draw and write about the school library.
• All About Me Poster – students draw and label information about themselves.
View the Preview
to see what's included in the packet.
→ This packet was updated July 2017. If you purchased it before this date, download it again to get the updated version.
For more Back to School
Back to School Writing for Firsties
Back to School First Grade Bundle
Back to School Picture Word Cards
Back to School Math Addition Story Problems
Back to School Math Subtraction Story Problems
Click on Follow Me
to follow my store for updates and new products. You can find it under my store name.
Thank you for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse