Also included in
- Do you want your students to learn to become better writers? This bundle of lessons teaches informational, narrative, persuasive, and opinion writing pieces through high interest mentor texts and writing processes. There are also writing lessons for each type of writing to keep your teaching in writ$34.99$68.99Save $34.00
- Are you a third grade teacher who wants everything you need for back to school? This FULL back to school bundle with reading and writing activities will do just that! This bundle includes back to school writing lesson, back to school read alouds and lesson plans, back to school math challenge, revi$14.99$25.48Save $10.49
Looking for ways to get your students engaged in writing on day 1? These FULL writing lesson plans for back to school do just that! This set includes 5 low-prep lesson plans that have a writing component and a full class lesson plan component to go with back to school mentor texts! Quick and easy setup plus clear student directions make these activities perfect for back to school season!
These full lesson plans lead your students to enjoy writing on the first days of school. You start by reading a mentor text that lead students through Social Emotional Learning topics. Then, you do a whole class, low-prep, activity. Finally, you finish up with a highly engaging writing activity!
Here's what you'll get:
- 5 Full Lesson Plans for Back to School
- Discussion questions to go with 5 back to school mentor texts
- A whole group community building activity with each lesson
- A writing activity with each lesson
- All the Printables you need
- Digital Option on Google Slides
Why will these activities help your students grow and make you happy?
Engagement- Your students will enjoy building a classroom community while showing you their writing abilities. They'll learn more about each other and you, grow closer together, and complete writing assignments that will teach you about them!
Many Choices- All of these activities use mentor texts that you can find easily online or in your library, Plus, the mentor texts and activities help to build a strong classroom culture and community.
Low-Prep- Just print the student pages, grab the mentor texts, and you're ready for an engaging back to school lessons! !
The Topics Included..
- First day of school
- Qualities of a good friend
- What makes you unique
- The importance of reading (feelings on reading)
- Your name
The Mentor Texts Needed..
- The Exceptionally, Extraordinary Ordinary First Day of School by Albert Lorenz
- Peanut Butter & A Cupcake by Terry Border
- Spaghetti & a Hot Dog Bun by Maria Dismondy
- Miss Malarkey Leaves No Reader Behind by Judy Fincher
- The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Christy H. says, "This was a great resource for me this year. It was all put together and I just had to decide what days to which one. The students were engaged and I got a sample of their writing."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kathryn says, "Great resource! The stories are engaging and my students enjoyed them. The writing activities were fun and my students enjoyed sharing their writing with their classmates. So all in all, this resource is one I hope to use year after year. "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Shannon says, "Really great resource with fun and engaging activities that meet grade level standards. Thanks for creating these fun activities to get the kids back into writing the first week back!"
(Related Resources & Copyright)
You may also like…
Need everything for the first week of school? This back to school bundle gives you just that!
Copyright © The Friendly Teacher
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.