Back to School Writing Prompts | Paper or Digital
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Help your students build writing stamina and fluency by giving them a variety of choices for writing about different holidays and celebrations. These no-prep prompts come in a variety of formats so you can use them any way you want. And no matter how you use them, they only take a moment to print orPrice $40.80Original Price $51.00Save $10.20
Help your students build writing stamina and fluency by giving them a variety of choices for back to school writing. These no-prep prompts come in a variety of formats so you can use them any way you want. And no matter how you use them, they only take a moment to print or post in your online classroom.
This quick and easy resource includes:
- teacher instructions on how to use the prompts.
- student genre reference page.
- simple criteria for each genre.
- three formats of prompts: full page, half page, and a Google Slides version so you can use the format that works for you (and your copy budget)
- three prompts for each of the ten days (that's 30 prompts) that alternate between different types of writing with a back to school theme.
- a link to a blog post with more ideas on how to use the prompts.
- prompts that can be used any time of year. No specific holidays, seasons, or climates are included so they can work anywhere.
These prompts are intended as quick writes (10-15 minutes a day) to increase fluency and interest in writing.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and click on the link in the file.
They were tested in fourth and fifth grade classes and work great as a start to the day activity or an end of the day wrap up.
Students choose which prompt they want to write about and the writing is not assessed.
We have sets for many different holidays and observations:
- Remembrance Day
- New Year's
- Lunar New Year
- Valentine's Day
- Women's History Month
- St. Patrick's Day
- Holi Festival of Colours
- Earth Day
- Poetry Month
- End of the Year
- or get them all in the Holiday Bundle
Check out some of our other English: Writing Skills.
FOLLOW US TO GET THE LATEST!
Please let us know how this resource works for you by rating it or providing comments. You'll get TpT credits to use toward future purchases.
Find us on social media: Instagram, Facebook or our website.
Thank you for your consideration! Happy writing from the Brain Ninjas!