Need fun writing and art activities to get your new third graders back into the routine of writers' workshop? This pack is loaded with differentiated ideas. We've even included a blank lined page to help those eager writers! These prompts and activities will last beyond that first week of school!
DOWNLOAD the preview to see ALL the pages!
These activities will give you a glimpse into where your students are academically, but also into their interests and personalities- which is critical for personalizing instruction throughout the year!
The art portion of this pack includes the following drawing prompts:
- Self Portrait (more formal) or #selfie to bring in some pop culture
- Teacher Portrait
- Draw your Brain on the First Day of School
- Draw your Dream School Lunch
The writing portion containts the following prompts:
- All About Me (2 pages)- can be drawn or written
- 5 Facts about Me; 10 Facts about Me (differentiated!)
- Find Someone Who ( a great ice breaker!)
- My Goals for First Grade
- When I Grow up
- How to be a Good Classmate
- If I Ruled the School (my students' ultimate favorite!)
- My Perfect Day
- What I Will Miss about Summer Break
- I Wish Poem
- A blank lined page for those who need more space
Please click that little green star above and follow us for *exclusive* TpT follower freebies, fun ideas, and the latest updates!
We have plenty more ideas and weekly freebies at our blog: The Classroom Creative
Make your classroom fun!
Nicolette and Karen
The Classroom Creative
Connect with us on Facebook