Back to School Writing for First Grade is a packet of beginning of the school year themed first grade writing activities. The easy to use set of writing printables includes prompts about the first day of school, response to literature, summer fun, getting to know me, school friends, and more.
I include more than one version of some of the writing printables to address varying student levels.
Some of the writing activities address first grade CCSS writing standards:
Examples are writing about the school day and school week as a sequence of events and writing facts about a topic in response to reading or listening to a book.
Some of the printables are specific to "back to school," but some can be used throughout the year.
The back to school writing packet includes:
• First Day of School Writing
• First Day of First Grade "This is Me!" - picture and information sheet
• My First Day of School Writing
• My School Day - write and draw sequence of school day events
• My School Week- write and draw sequence of school week events
• The Night Before First Grade
• Back to School Jitters
• Back to School Tools
• Back to School Class Friends
• Summer Fun Writing
Response to Literature
• Back to School Books
• I love books.
• Back to School reading
• I can write about a book.
• I can read non-fiction books.
• I can write about non-fiction books.
School and Classroom Writing
• A Map of My Classroom
• Classroom Rules
• I can follow classroom rules.
• Recess and Recess Fun
• Compare and Contrast - kindergarten and first grade
• What I think . . . - kindergarten and first grade writing
• School Tour
• School Library
All About Me Writing
• All About Me Poster
• This is me. Writing
• Me Brace Map - picture and describing words
• Getting to Know Me - letter to the teacher about themselves
• First Graders Tree Map
• My Teacher
• Back to School Fun: A Class Book
View the Preview
to see what's included in the packet.
Includes graphics by Little Red’s Schoolhouse
and Fancy Dog Studio
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association for Best Practices and Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
For more first grade back to school activities
Back to School First Graders!
Back to School Math Addition Story Problems
Back to School Math Subtraction Story Problems
Thank you for visiting my store!
a href="http://firstgradeschoolhouse.blogspot.com">First Grade Schoolhouse Blog