MadameJeFaisTout has created a versatile packet of activities for a teacher of multiple levels. These resources can be adapted for various levels of students, and they can be done individually, in small groups, or as a whole. They appeal to a variety of levels students may have, including needing to write in English or in French. There are reading and writing activities, as well as vocabulary and presentational writing. Here is a complete list of what is included:
1. Reading activity – chart for students to fill in with the information they glean from a reading in French on France’s education system with a comparison for them to write in their cultural practices as American students
2. Writing assignment in English – a writing prompt for students to respond to a Swiss student who wants to know which education system in better – the US or the French?
3. Writing assignment in French – a writing prompt for students to respond in French to a Swiss student who wants to know which education system is better – the US or the French?
4. Education vocabulary matching – matching words about school from the reading activity to their definition in French
5. All about Me at School handout – great for hallway decorations or for a get-to-know-you or starting back activity for students to practice writing about themselves
6. Past Tense writing activity – a way for students to write in past tense about what they did over summer vacation as an opener to the school year