Watch the VIDEO PREVIEW to see how they’re made!
• Editable Microsoft PowerPoint file (.pptx file type)
• Two booklet options: with and without writing lines
• Step-by-step directions with pictures
• Printing and editing tips
What Materials Do I Need to Make the Booklet?
• Construction paper in the following colors: yellow, red, orange, green, blue and purple
• Booklet pages included in this file
• Stick glue
What is Editable?
Due to copyright, only the booklet text is editable. The crayon clip art may not be moved or changed. Editable text includes:
• Student name for the booklet cover
• Title page “The Many Colors of Me”
• All text on booklet pages
Each booklet page is ¼ of a piece of printer paper. It only takes two pieces of printer paper to make each booklet! The writing pages should be printed front-to-back. You can leave out the title page if you want.
• “The Many Colors of Me” title page
• Dreams: When I grow up I want to…
• Favorite food
• Favorite color
• Favorite animal
• Favorite sport
• Favorite place
• Favorite subject
• Favorite book
• Favorite TV show
• Favorite movie
Easily change this booklet into a small journal by using blank paper instead!
Because young students have varying cutting and gluing abilities at the beginning of the year, here are some tips to make assembling the books easy for them (and you!):
• Have a school or parent volunteer get the booklets ready for you. They might cut everything out ahead of time so students just glue things together.
• Leave the stripes completely off the cover. They're cute, but not necessary!
• Use green washi tape for the stripes in the corners instead of construction paper.
• Have students work on putting the booklet together in steps over a few days.
Please note: This is a PowerPoint .pptx file. Make sure you are able to open and edit .pptx files before you purchase.
Questions? Feel free to click on the “Product Q&A” tab or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much for stopping by!