This power point is designed to enrich the reading of the text, "Chrysanthemum" by Kevin Henkes.
This presentation includes the following:
* Before reading questions to promote thinking and build background
* 13 Vocabulary words defined to build background and understanding of the text
* After reading questions to practice using evidence from the text to support thinking
* A discussion question on Author's purpose for writing the story
* A discussion question on what person this story is written in (first, second or third)?
Grade Level Equivalent: 1.0
Lexile Measure: 460L
Guided Reading Level: L
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Please let me know if you come across any typos or issues. I have read and reread items many times. But sometimes I miss something. If there is an error, I will promptly correct it!
All images are free to use even commercially!
***Follow me on TPT and you will be the first to know when I list new products. New digital products will be listed at half price for the first 24 hours after they are listed.