Preparing to be Back to School? Unsure what to do on a first day with your new students?
You will find with this 29-slide powerpoint a nice way to break the ice with your students while telling them about the rules of your school.
This visually appealing powerpoint is really simple to use and requires NO or very little PREP. It has been designed for primary/Y7 secondary students.
It promotes a nice learning environment with the opportunity for students to speak to one another while providing some key principles about the way they should work, respect and behave to build a nice learning community
Example of activities:
- Pair speaking activities (ice breakers, reflection time)
- Reflection time about Hard-work, Respect and Pride
- Reflection about what to wear and the use of cell phones and technology
- Explanation about rules and why these rules are important to work, share and learn together
- a video to boost their self-esteem and reassure them
- a reflection time about what can be positive when coming back to school/what can be more difficult with post-it notes
- a review of the content of the presentation
You will find in this resource:
·Step-by-step explanations on how to do each activity at the bottom of each slide
If you are looking for more resources about Back to School, check these ones out:
Back to school bundle
Back to school teacher planner
Back to school student activity booklet
Back to school 30 Icebreakers