A back-to-school teacher letter of introduction sent home to parents with a rules and procedures contract attached achieves many positive outcomes:
- a positive first impression
- sets the tone for high academic expectations and good behaviour in your classroom
- ensures parents are aware of your rules, resulting in fewer parent emails/upsets
- ensures your students know your rules and procedures well, resulting in better classroom management
- communicates your willingness to talk with parents (key for students to know)
- allows you to share a little of yourself and your expertise
In this package, I include my own editable teacher letter of introduction sent home to parents. On the back of the letter, I include all my classroom rules and procedures, also editable, with a space for your students to sign to show understanding.
This will make your classroom management stronger than ever! Here's to a great year!