This resource is sure to bring engagement to your classroom! It is filled with different math concepts regarding number sense. Students will have to complete a "Backstage Challenge" to get ready for a concert. The different tasks they must complete include:
1. A Mic. Check- students will count and record to figure out a lock combination
2. Lighting Check- students will use the provided lighting manipulatives to create a pattern
3. Music Test- students will have to put music discs in number order and fill in missing numbers on a number chart
4. Stage Ready Challenge- students will build a stage through a STEM challenge
5. Pick up the Band- students will "pick up" different band members through a write the room ten frame activity.
I've included a backstage challenge booklet for students to record their answers and to be used as a quick learning assessment for you as well. I've also created "Backstage VIP passes" in different colors to help distinguish group colors. Also included are links to all of the items I purchased additionally to add more engagement to the lesson.
Each challenge is explained in detail in this pack, including picture steps to help guide you! I hope you and your students enjoy and hope you have a rockin' time!