No biology or life science class is complete without a detailed study of bacteria and prokaryotes and how they affect our lives. Students need review and reinforcement to make sure that they master the information. I use this document for homework assignments. Students complete a section of this 5-page document each night during my teaching of this unit. When completed, it is the perfect study guide review for the unit test.
Mastery of information takes practice. I assign these questions as homework questions when teaching my unit on bacteria and viruses. This study guide is perfect to accompany my Bacteria and Viruses PowerPoint Presentation.
This is a 5 page document consisting of 53 questions of varying formats.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Bacteria.
- Classification of Prokaryotes: Archaebacteria and Eubacteria.
- Archaebacteria: Characteristics, methanogens, halophiles, and thermoacidophiles.
- Characteristics of Bacteria.
- Structure of a bacterial cell: Students will label a diagram of a bacterial cell. All cell structures are covered: cell wall, cell membrane, pili, flagella, chromosomal DNA, plasmid DNA, ribosomes
- How do bacteria obtain energy? Heterotrophs, autotrophs, parasites, saprophytes, photosynthesis, chemosynthesis, obligate aerobes, obligate anaerobes, and facultative anaerobes.
- Growth and reproduction of bacteria: requirements for growth, binary fission, conjugation, endospore formation
- The importance of bacteria: Role of decomposers, nitrogen fixation, human uses of bacteria.
- Bacterial diseases in humans: Ways bacteria cause disease, pathogens, vaccines, antibiotics.
- Symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism is discussed.
You will receive a document that is in two formats: a Word document and a pdf version. All answers are included.
Related Products Include:
Virus and Bacteria Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Lab: Controlling Bacterial Growth
Viruses and Bacteria Task Cards
Test: Bacteria and Viruses
Lab: Microorganisms in School (Growing Bacteria)
Viruses and Bacteria Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Lab: Soil Communities (Testing for Bacteria in the Soil)
Bacteria Quiz or Homewrok
Viruses: Homework / Study Guide
Viruses Crossword Puzzle
Bacteria and Prokaryotes Crossword Puzzle
Viruses Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Biology Lab: The Effect of Antiseptics and Disinfectants on Bacterial Growth
Bacteria Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page