Jeopardy-Style Review Game on Bacteria and Prokaryotes
My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game on bacteria. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category. Concepts/terms covered are:
1. Introduction to Bacteria
2. Classification of prokaryotes
3. Characteristics of Bacteria
4. Cell structures of a bacterial cell
5. How do bacteria obtain energy? heterotrophs, autotrophs, parasites, saprophytes, photosynthesis and chemosynthesis.
6. Growth and reproduction of bacteria: requirements for growth, binary fission, conjugation, endospore formation
7. The importance of bacteria: Role of decomposers, nitrogen fixation, human uses of bacteria.
8. Bacterial diseases in humans: Ways bacteria cause disease, pathogens, vaccines, antibiotics.
9. Symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism is discussed.
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind, but is also very appropriate for a middle school science class. It can easily be edited to make the questions more simple, or more advanced. I use this when teaching my unit on Viruses and Bacteria.
Note: This product is also included in my bundled unit lesson plan that can be viewed by clicking this link: Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. Please download my free preview. It has the first 13 slides of the game so that you can get an idea of how it works. The game is limited to 30 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
Products related to this topic include:
Viruses and Bacteria Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Lab: Controlling Bacterial Growth
Viruses and Bacteria Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Test: Bacteria and Viruses
Lab: Microorganisms in School (Growing Bacteria)
Lab: Soil Communities (Testing for Bacteria in the Soil)
Viruses: Homework and Study guide
Bacteria Quiz or Homework
Bacteria Homework / Study Guide
Viruses Crossword Puzzle
Bacteria and Prokaryotes Crossword Puzzle
Biology Lab: The Effect of Antiseptics and Disinfectants on Bacterial Growth
Viruses Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)