Fix these birthday cards before it's time to open presents!
This is a great activity to use on your students' birthdays to make them feel special while also practicing identifying and editing grammar mistakes of irregular plural nouns, irregular past tense verbs, and subject-verb agreement.
→ This product is part of a money saving bundle: Bad Grammar Bundle
***Color and Black & White options included***
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct irregular plural noun cards
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct irregular past tense verb cards
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct subject/verb agreement IS vs. ARE cards
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct subject/verb agreement WAS vs. WERE cards
- 18 incorrect and 6 correct subject/verb agreement HAS vs. HAVE cards
- "Oh no! You gave a birthday card with bad grammar! Lose a turn" cards
- 2 birthday present mats
Choose either color or black and white. Give each student a present mat. Have students draw a card and decide if the word highlighted in red or underlined is correct or incorrect. If correct, they can put the card on their mat. If incorrect, they must provide the correct form of the noun or verb before putting the card on their mat. Watch out for the “Lose a Turn” cards! The student with the most cards when all the cards are gone, wins!
I hope you enjoy this product! Please leave me feedback so you can earn TpT credit for every dollar you spend!
Check out the Irregular Plurals Free Sample HERE
You may also like:
Bad Grammar Lunch NotesBad Grammar Mother's Day CardsBad Grammar ValentinesBad Grammar Leprechaun: St. Patrick's Day Activity