A book a week: Bad-Tempered Ladybird by Eric Carle
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Pre-Reading Words – a list of story words. Read them with the class before reading, or print out a copy for each student as a reading checklist, or read them before reading using Guided Reading strategies.
2. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events –
3. Character match-up – students cut and match up the animals to their names. To extend, glue in the order as found in the story.
4. Multiple Choice Comprehension
5. Writing/Recall – beginning, middle and end recall – draw and write sheet
6. Emotion and Base Words – students color/colour code emotion (story words) red of green and then identify base words in story words.
7. Cloze activity – comprehension
8. Speech - 2 options. Students write or cut/glue two story sentences.
9. Bumper word search
10. Ladybird Facts poster
11. Mini Report Writing template – 2 options… one for writing, the other for drawing. Use the poster as a reference for these sheets.
12. Connect-to-Text – students think about what makes them grumpy/grouchy (or see art activity)
13. Science – Life cycle cut and glue
14. Suggestions for Art/Craft/TE
All activities were created with Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font... if I can, I will..just ask!