Bagless Speech Therapy online course is a simple, step-by-step plan to learn new skills, build confidence and connect with families so you can leave the toy bag at home.
Introduction: Going Bagless is the first of four modules. This module includes:
- Bagless Speech Therapy course overview
- Brief overview of the coaching model and resources for additional information
- ASHA guidelines and resources to Evidence-Based Practice behind this approach
- Strategies for reducing the toy bag.
- Practical therapy ideas to get you started
(demonstration on making toys from paper, recycled materials and everyday objects)
- Emergency plan back up ideas
- What is Speech and Language?
- Tips for Families
- Wellness reminder
- What we are working on in speech
- What is the coaching model
- Sample activities
Module 2: Building Your Skills
Module 3: Leave the Toys at Home
Module 4: Connect with Families
All participants are invited to join a private Facebook group. This community is an extension of the course where we can share ideas, ask questions, watch additional video tutorials and have access to updated resources and materials.
After completing this module, fill out and return a 1-page form (included) and you will receive a certification of attendance for .05 CUE credit. These CUE's can be used toward your 3-year ASHA maintenance but are not part of the CE Registry.
You will receive 2 hours if you complete all four modules.
$5 of every completed course (all four sections) will go to support Twenty-Four and Five. This organization of volunteers makes free diaper shirts for NICU preemies.
Please feel free to contact me with questions.