This is a differentiated language arts unit for the Bailey School Kids book, "Dragons Do Eat Homework." It can be used for Literature Circles in Grades 1 & 2, or as a Novel Study with any group of readers who would benefit from this reading level.
Have you ever wondered how to implement Literature Circles with young readers? Well, this unit has everything you need to get you started. The book, "Dragons Do Eat Homework" is the perfect beginning chapter book for teaching your 1st and 2nd graders how to run their own Literature Circles.
Included in this unit:
* Detailed, step by step instructions for running Literature Circles with 1st & 2nd graders
* Literature Circle role tag table tents - Reviewer, Predictor, Questioner, Connector, Summarizer (2 types: with; & without a writing frame)
* Differentiated vocabulary pages for each chapter (2 types: with words provided; & blank to select your own words)
* Differentiated comprehension question pages for each chapter (3 types: with & without sentence frames; & with space to cite evidence)
* Differentiated writing response pages (4 types: using the writing frame on the table tents; writing frame printed directly on the writing paper; write a summary; and blank to write your own directions)
* One lined only piece of writing paper for back to back copies, in case you want your students to have more space to write
* Unit cover with space for student name (color or B&W option)
* Answer key
How to follow me:
Just click on the green star under my name. That way you can get information on new freebies and products first!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.