Students will learn about the biomes of the world and study an ecosystem existing within one.
- identify the biomes of the world
- determine the location of a biome on a world map and describe its climate
- draw and label plant and animal life found in a particular biome
- illustrate an ecosystem existing in a particular biome
- describe a food chain existing within a particular ecosystem
- discuss and record factors that affect the balance of nature in an ecosystem
- create a food web to illustrate how animals live in balance with one another in an ecosystem
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.