I needed some versatile, visually-pleasing graphic organizers for use with younger students during guided reading follow-up writing activities. The handwriting spaces provided in many graphic organizers was just not suitable for K-2 kids.
These graphic organizers will help you review story elements with students to aid in comprehension as an excellent follow-up activity to your guided reading practice. I copy several pages at a time and bind them together for student mini-journals.
Included you will find:
* Beginning, Middle, End picture boxes with handwriting lines
* Favorite Part picture box with handwriting lines
* First, Then, Next, Last Sequencing picture boxes with handwriting lines
* Story Elements with pictures boxes
* Story Elements with handwriting lines
Note: All handwriting lines are color-coded to help students with letter formation:
* hanging line--"dirt" (brown)
* bottom line--"grass" (green)
* mid-line--"sky" (blue)
* top line--"sun" (yellow)
You can print these pages in black and white or color.
I hope these graphic organizers make a great addition to your literacy centers or writer's workshop journals. Enjoy!